What are the Benefits of New Vein treatment called “VenaSeal”?
While the benefits of vein treatment of any kind can majorly benefit a person’s overall health. The benefits of venaseal are showing to be better than the leading best vein treatment procedures out there! Studies have shown that the following are some of the benefits of venaseal!
- Your leg pain and other symptoms often improve as soon as the diseased vein is closed.
- Recovery time is very quick and many patients return to normal activity right after the procedure.
- Minimal pain during and after the procedure as compared to radiofrequency or laser ablation, due to avoidance of multiple needle sticks.
- Minimal post-procedure bruising as compared to radiofrequency or laser ablation, due to avoidance of a large amount of numbing medications.
- Compression hosiery is not required before or after venaseal vein treatment.
- Minimal chance of nerve damage as compared to other current ablation methods, due to the avoidance of thermal heat.
What does VenaSeal do?
The most recent innovation in the treatment of varicose veins is the use of medical glue known as VenaSeal (cyanoacrylate) to physically shut down and seal the main defective vein.
VenaSeal Adhesive (Glue), previously known as “Sapheon Glue”, is a safe, medical grade glue that is used to shut the main Saphenous Vein in the thigh. Once the vein has been glued shut, it will undergo a process of hardening and will be gradually absorbed by the body. The procedure is very safe and minimally invasive.
The VenaSeal Procedure involves the placement of a very small amount of VenaSeal Medical Glue into the vein through a small catheter. Once the affected vein is closed, blood is immediately re-routed through other healthy veins in the leg. Unlike other treatments, VenaSeal does not require a Regional Nerve Block or large volumes of Anaesthesia. Furthermore, there are no pre-procedures drugs involved and patients can return to their normal activities right after the treatment. Unlike heat-based procedures such as Endovenous Laser or Radiofrequency Ablation, with VenaSeal there is no risk of skin burns or nerve damage. VenaSeal does not require any immediate post-treatment pain medication or uncomfortable compression stockings.
During the Procedure:
Dr. Sassan Kaveh will discuss the procedure with you. A brief summary of what to expect is below:
- You may feel some minor pain or stinging with a needle stick to numb the site where he will access your vein.
- Once the area is numb, he will insert the catheter into your leg. You may feel some pressure from the placement of the catheter.
- The catheter will be placed in specific areas along the diseased vein to deliver small amounts of the medical adhesive. You may feel some mild sensation of pulling or tugging. Ultrasound will be used during the procedure to guide and position the catheter.
- After treatment, the catheter is removed and a bandage placed over the puncture site.
Alpha Vein Clinic
3150 N. Tenaya Way Ste. 400
Las Vegas, NV, 89128
(702) 430 7661
Dr. Sassan Kaveh
You Can Now Call Us 24/7