CHRISTMAS TRAVELING? 5 THINGS YOU CAN DO FOR VEIN HEALTH
Everyone gets excited when the holiday season comes, However that also means long-distance travel to visit relatives and loved ones. But if you suffer from vein disease, it’s important to know the effects of limited movement and constant sitting with travel, as they can increase your chances of developing blood clots.
In serious cases, this puts you at risk for developing life-threatening conditions like deep vein thrombosis. Also keep it in mind that half the time, there are no warning signs that (DVT) or pulmonary embolism are occurring, which can result in sudden death. This serves as a crucial reminder to have any vein diseases evaluated and treated by a vein specialist prior to traveling.
That is where we come into the picture here at the Alpha Vein Clinic Las Vegas. We will go out of our way to make you feel at home and treat you like family. We know that vein disease is a serious issue and can be scary. Most doctors overlook the vein issues and look for the basic cause of illness. We can take a good thorough look at your legs and make sure that you travel safely this holiday season.
LET’S TAKE A LOOK AT SOME THINGS THAT CAN HELP YOU TRAVEL SAFE & SOUND WITH VARICOSE VEINS:
A tiny bit of planning can make all the difference, you can keep your symptoms in check, lessen your risk for blood clots and feel more relaxed and comfortable during your trip:
- Wake up your calves by lifting your heel like you’re getting on your tippy toes to engage your calf muscle. This allows blood to pump from the leg to the heart, which is key for your vein health. Do as many heel lifts as possible, especially if getting out of your seat is difficult during the flight.
- Go for water instead of alcohol and other drinks that can dehydrate you, especially when flying. Drinking plenty of water helps you stay hydrated, which keeps vein walls from narrowing.
- Wear compression stockings to improve blood flow from the legs to the heart. We can get you set up with a great fit here at the Alpha Vein Clinic and also get you a prescription for medical grade stockings.
- Stay out of shoes with heels.
- Go on walks and engage in exercise frequently.
If you have a trip coming up and you’re concerned about traveling with varicose veins or spider veins, contact us at the Alpha Vein Clinic Las Vegas. We can accurately detect vein disease and recommend the BEST treatment available. We have treatments to eliminate a wide variety of venous issues. Dr. Sassan Kaveh leads our team here in Las Vegas, Our team is fully committed to helping people look and feel their best, without the worry and discomfort of vein problems.
To schedule your appointment, call (702) 430 7661. If you have any questions about the Alpha Vein Clinic, or about any other aspects of vein health, make an appointment today our staff will be excited to answer any questions for you! Stop being stuck at home for the holiday season and get treatment today.
Alpha Vein Clinic
3150 N. Tenaya Way Ste. 400
Las Vegas, NV, 89128
(702) 430 7661
Dr. Sassan Kaveh
You Can Now Call Us 24/7