Easy Health Care Tips for Varicose Veins
The only thing better than eliminating varicose veins is preventing them. Varicose veins are swollen, warped veins that are noticeable through the skin. They can occur after pregnancy, by means of heredity or as you age due to the intense pressure your legs have gone through while sitting, walking, and standing. There are many ways to help you lessen the chance of these bodily problems and keep the pain and displeasure at bay. Here are the top 8 recommended health care tips that can help you avert the chance of obtaining varicose veins and help soothe them if you do.
There’s Quite an Assortment
- Exercise has always been a great way to take care of your body. Because of the strain that can be put on your legs and the pressure that may build, it’s best to stay away from more intense, pushing exercises such as running, and jumping. Sticking to less demanding ones, such as yoga, walking, dancing, and swimming, will give your legs the desired circulation and an altogether good feel.
- Standing for a long period of time will take its toll on your legs, leaving them achy and sometimes stiff. This will also affect the pressure you put on your legs and will aid in that risk of getting varicose veins. Remember to take breaks between these long moments of standing and avoid places that you won’t be able to take a rest every so often
- As much, sitting for long periods of time is unhealthy too. When you sit in the same position for too long, you affect the blood flow to your legs and alter with the circulation. If you need to sit down and complete a time consuming task make sure you get up every so hours to walk around a bit and stretch.
- Elevating your feet is a great way to help with the varicose veins difficulty in returning the blood back to the heart. Because gravity is not assisting in bringing the blood downwards, you are able to maintain a better blood flow without having to physically get up, which is good for those who aren’t to firm on their legs or are uncomfortable with the ache of getting on your feet to exercise.
- Lastly, something you can use for help outside of your bodily abilities is a compression hose or stockings. With these miscellaneous items you are able to help prevent varicose veins or aid in soothing them by simply wearing the product. The fact that you can choose your own type of hose to fit your personal and unique style is a great plus.
Whether you already have varicose veins and are looking for something to help relieve the twinges they cause, or you are trying to prevent their upcoming in the future, these are some helpful and easy health tips that are sure to be beneficial for you and your well-being. Contact Dr. Kaveh for a consultation today.